Lecturer of Geomatics and Land Surveying - Fall 2019 (Grant Funded)
Position Title:Lecturer of Geomatics and Land Surveying - Fall 2019 (Grant Funded) Position Number:11906411 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville General Summary:
The Lewis F. Rogers Institute for Environmental and Spatial Analysis and the University of North Georgia (UNG) are accepting applications for a full-time Lecturer in Geomatics and Land Surveying Science and Technology to begin August 2019.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities which develop students into leaders for a diverse global society. Through numerous accessible educational pathways ranging from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is an 800 member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and be responsible for teaching undergraduate surveying, CAD and geospatial technology and related courses.
- Excellence in teaching, advising students, service to the university, discipline and community, active participation in departmental activities, maintaining a collegial work environment and professional development are expected.
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Land Surveying, Geomatics, Engineering, Geospatial Science or a closely related field is required.
- The successful candidate must have significant coursework and expertise in land surveying.
- Licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor is preferred.
- Preference will also be given to candidates will credentials that allow instruction in other complementary disciplines, such as geospatial science, geoscience, building information management, CAD, or the environmental sciences etc. offered through the Institute.
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.