Health Information Technology Instructor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Health Information Technology Instructor Classification Title Position Type Faculty Department Career Programs Work Location ALL SITES Duties
Teaching duties will consist of courses from all three of the Health Information Technology Program curriculum including coursework related to: revenue cycle, health information department operations and coding (ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT and HCPCS Level II). Preference may be given to candidates with previous teaching experience in an accredited Health Information Technology/Management program. Experience with a Learning Management System preferred. This position requires a strong commitment to teaching, learning and diversity.Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree required; must be a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); three to five years full time experience in the health information management field; Master’s degree in Health Administration or a related field preferred.Qualifications Position Status Full Time Hours
To be determinedMinimum Starting Rate Low $50's Hourly/Salary Salaried Review of Applications Begins 04/22/2019 Posting Detail Information Posting Number FA00329P Open Date 04/09/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a full time tenure track position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Please apply online and attach all required documents.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chicago Tribune
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- MVCC Website/Posting
- Employee of MVCC
- No Response
- * Are you a State Universities Retirement System (SURS) annuitant and currently receiving a monthly annuity?
- * Do you have the minimum of a Bachelor’s degree?
- * Are you a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)?
- * Do you have three to five years full time experience in the health information management field?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document