Adjunct - Music: Upright Bass and/or Electric Bass Guitar (AL)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct - Music: Upright Bass and/or Electric Bass Guitar (AL)DepartmentLASSPosting Number03148PLocationAlexandria, VA: 22311Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredNoSalary Rangecommensurate per rank per VCCS criteria Position Summary Information Basic Function
Teach Applied Music lessons on Upright Bass and Bass Guitar, as well as Music courses at the Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA), Alexandria CampusDuties and Responsibilities
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 10 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based upon student enrollment and staffing needs. Instruction may be during the day, evening, or weekend. Compensation is per credit hour and based upon rank. The adjunct faculty appointment contains no guarantee of continued employment.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s Degree with 18+ hours in Music courseworkPreferred Qualifications
Master’s Degree in Music; displayed teaching experience in Music or related disciplines at the college levelRequired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
•Demonstrated professional performing ability on Upright Bass and/or Electric Bass Guitar
•Ability to structure individual private music instruction based on the needs of a particular student
•Administration of classroom instruction in Music Theory, Music Appreciation, or Music History
•Adept knowledge of instructional technologies such as Learning Management Systems
•Excellent interpersonal and native or near-native oral and written English skills
•Ability to work with a diverse student population
•Successful passing of a criminal background check
•Adjunct faculty are required to meet assigned classes on meeting dates, submit required grade records and reports, student learning outcomes.
Successful completion and passing of a criminal background check is required.
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 10 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based upon student enrollment and staffing needs. Instruction may be during the day, evening, or weekend.
The adjunct faculty appointment contains no guarantee of continued employment.
The incumbent may have a Summer 2019 or Fall 2019 Start date.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.Additional InformationSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree in Music, or a Master’s Degree in another discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Music?
- * Do you have experience with a diverse student population?
- * What is your teaching experience? List all that apply from the following examples: High School / TA / tutoring, Community College, Four-year college, Graduate school, online/hybrid classes, or No teaching experience
(Open Ended Question)
- * From the following, please specify when you are available to teach: days and daytime hours, days and evening hours, Saturdays
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3