Adjunct Nursing Faculty
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Nursing FacultyDepartmentNursing Posting NumberADJ NURLocationSpringfield, VA: 22150Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredNoSalary Rangecommensurate with experience and corresponding rank in VCCS Position Summary Information Basic Function
The Nursing division at the Medical Education Campus of NOVA is seeking qualified adjuncts to serve as Clinical Instructors. Clinical Instructors will be primarily responsible for supervising students in clinical sites located throughout the Northern Virginia area.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clinical instruction and demonstration of nursing skills and procedures to students.
- Observes, evaluates and provides feedback to students’ return demonstration, and skills and procedures.
- Assigns patients to student care based on the clinical objectives of that particular session.
- Evaluates and assesses student competencies.
- Plans, reviews and corrects students’ clinical assignments.
- Plans and conducts student conferences.
- Attends scheduled orientation sessions.
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Nursing from an accredited institution. Current license to practice as a registered nurse in Virginia. Evidence of nursing practice within the past five years (in a practice area which is similar to that in which the students will be learning).Preferred Qualifications
Master of Science with major in Nursing. College level teaching experienceRequired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent written and oral communication skills; Excellent organizational skills; Flexibility and ability to prioritize and work independently; Critical thinking and clinical judgement skills.Operation of a State VehicleNo Posting Detail Information Open Date05/03/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
The adjunct faculty appointment contains no guarantee of continued employment. Salary is per credit hour and based on education and experience.
The location, day and time of clinical assignments vary. Applicants should indicate any clinic location preference in application materials, if applicable.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.Additional InformationSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least 2 years of direct client care nursing experience, or its equivalent within the last 5 years?
- * Do you have a current Virginia Nursing's license or are you eligible to obtain one?
- * Do you have any college level teaching experience?
- * Do you have experience teaching in a diverse, multicultural environment?
- * Please identify your highest nursing degree and please identify any nursing degree that you are currently pursuing.
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered whendetermining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document