Operations Support Specialist (Part-Time)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Operations Support Specialist (Part-Time) position. Reporting to the Dean of Educational Support Services, the Operations Support Specialist provides administrative support and coordination of processes related to the delivery of academic advising services to the College's student population. Primary responsibilities include maintaining the department advising scheduling system and the coordination of processes related to the administration of academic advising scheduling, recordkeeping and compliance. This position also supports the Dean with special projects related to student persistence and completion, and reporting needed to ensure the overall effective operations of the department. This is a part time position with scheduled hours not to exceed 25 hours per week.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate's degree or equivalent coursework required.
• Two (2) years of related work experience required.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong problem solving and project management skills required.
• Excellent technical skills, including Word, Excel and Access required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two (2) years of related work experience in higher education environment preferred.
• Experience with an enterprise-wide information system, such as Ellucian Banner, preferred.
• Understanding of unionized work environment preferred.