Executive Director of Library Development
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF) Department University Library-550501 Working Title Executive Director of Library Development Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty Position Posting Category Development and Fundraising Salary Range Full Time/Part Time? Full-Time Permanent Hours per Week 40 Vacancy ID NF0003644 Position ID 01001464 Posting Open Date 03/21/2019 Application Deadline 04/21/2019 Open Until Filled No Proposed Start Date 04/15/2019 Position Summary
Reporting to the Vice Provost with a dotted line report to the Executive Director of Development for Constituent Programs, the Executive Director is a member of the Library Leadership Team and will have overall leadership responsibility for development through the management of a team of five across major, principal, annual, planned, and institutional giving as well as the Library’s public events program, gift reporting and acknowledgment, stewardship, donor relations, and development communications. The Executive Director will manage the activities of the Friends of the Library board, engaging and motivating board members to philanthropically support the Library. In addition to formal duties, the Executive Director must become an integral member of the Library community and take an active interest in the economic, political, and cultural vitality of Chapel Hill and the surrounding region.Educational Requirements
Bachelor’s degree required.Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required
Interest in learning about the history, achievements, and aspirations of the Library and the ability to articulate the Library’s relevance, impact, and uniqueness.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible fundraising and managerial experience; experience serving on a senior leadership team and contributing at the strategic level;
Experience and a proven track record elevating an existing development program, utilizing established metrics and performance standards.
Credibility, maturity, and sound judgment required to effectively engage and leverage senior leadership and volunteers in successfully cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding key prospects and donors.
Success in personally cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts of at least seven figures from individuals, foundations, and corporations; a high level of comfort and effectiveness working with high-net-worth individuals.
Proven success leading and managing staff and volunteers; a team builder that utilizes a non-hierarchical approach and empowers and motivates staff while supporting and advocating for them; a transparent, collaborative, and accessible leadership style; a history of recruiting and developing exceptional talent.
Imaginative, creative problem solver with strong critical thinking and analytic skills; data-driven decision maker; impeccable attention to detail with superb follow-through; naturally curious and able to recognize connections and opportunities.
High degree of integrity, character, and emotional maturity, demonstrating respect for individuals at every level of an organization; humility, a sense of humor and life balance; an outgoing, optimistic personality; strong executive presence; commitment to the highest standards of professionalism.
High personal energy, self-confidence, and resilience; the ability to function at peak levels in a fast-paced, complex environment.
A desire to deeply engage in the local community; a keen understanding of the role diversity and intercultural understanding play in achieving excellence.
A sharp eye for operational efficiency and optimal use of resources; a deep understanding of budgets and success managing them.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions
For a more detailed vacancy announcement, please visit: http://library.unc.edu/personnel/employment/
Please include a letter of application, a resume and the name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number of three professional references, one of whom must be a current supervisor.Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/158502 Department Contact Information Department Contact Name and Title Freda McClain Department Contact Telephone or Email [email protected] Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that describes your level of education that best or mostly closely satisfies the education requirements for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any field/discipline
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in any field/discipline
- None of the above
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
- Do you have a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible fundraising and managerial experience?
- The institution to which you have submitted an application is one of seventeen institutions across the University of North Carolina system. UNC System Advancement Talent Connect is an internal recruiting tool where advancement professionals can share their career experience and post their resumes so they are searchable by Advancement and Human Resources managers seeking to recruit talented professionals throughout all of the University of North Carolina System institutions. As an applicant for this position you will automatically receive an e-mail to invite you to register for Talent Connect unless you select the option below.
- I am not interested in receiving communications about Talent Connect.