Clinical Lab Supervisor 2
Clinical Lab Supervisor 2 Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201901317881 Full Time 8AM - 5PM Commensurate with Experience Position Information Perform technical duties pertaining to clinical laboratory testing of patient specimens as support to clinical staff. Manage lab services and supervise lab staff. Maintain compliance with federal, state and accreditation requirements to include policies, procedures, and quality assurance. Participate on various clinic committees. Functions as Lab Information System Administrator. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Licenses License Requirement California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License. Required Licensure in specialty area. Preferred
Conditions Condition Requirement Completion of a minimum of 12 CME units annually for renewal. Required Experience Experience Requirement 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required Previous supervisory/managerial experience. Preferred
Minimum Requirements Skills to evaluate issues and identify solutions within defined procedures and policies. Demonstrated ability to solve problems and suggest solutions through critical thinking process.
Proven ability to multi-task and reliably manage multiple projects through from inception to completion on schedule in a complex, challenging environment. Flexibility to adjust to constantly changing priorities.
Interpersonal skills to independently convey information with authority, handle highly sensitive matters and interact with high level contacts from other organizations.
Verbal and written communication skills to explain technical clinical specialty concepts, actively listen, persuade, advise, and counsel.
Maintains current knowledge of laboratory concepts, new methodologies and advances in the field of specimen processing, automation, and procedures. Ability to apply principles in a clinical laboratory setting.
Ability to use laboratory's application programs. Skills to perform data checks using queries, visual review and other appropriate means to verify data accuracy.
Ability to organize assigned staff and laboratory operations in an efficient and effective manner. Highly developed personal organizational skills. Knowledge of quality assurance methods and ability to apply principles to design quality systems.
Supervisory experience managing an accredited lab.
Ability to develop, review and update lab policy and procedures manuals.
Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with patients, staff, providers and vendors.
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of Clinical Laboratory, medical center, HR and UC policies and processes. Thorough knowledge of all relevant sub-specialty area industry, health and safety, federal, and state regulations.
Prior College Health experience.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position