Instructional Design Intern
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-04-10
TCS Education System is currently seeking an Instructional Design Intern for the Instructional Design department.
The Intern will work directly under the supervision of the Senior Learning Experience Designer. Responsibilities may include conducting literature reviews, developing research proposals, assisting with some instructional design projects including, but not limited to, reviewing and editing master courses for quality and accessibility, reviewing and revising templates and manuals. The ideal intern will have a great work ethic, good communication and problem solving skills. The ideal intern will be someone who is able to work remotely and independently.
The intern will have an opportunity to contribute towards improving how we design leaning experiences and learn about professional practices and emerging trends in the field of instructional design and educational technology. The intern will receive mentorship and gain experience by working with seasoned professionals in the field of instructional design and educational technology. Through collaboration, the intern will also have the opportunity to grow their professional network with others in the instructional design field.
The Internship will be 3 months in duration. The intern(s) will be expected to work 15 hours per week.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Senior Learning Experience Designer to conduct research, develop training materials, and professional presentations.
- Review emerging trends on eLearning, instructional design, universal design, web accessibility, and other related topics.
- Develop or revise instructional materials related to course design.
- Participate in course assessment when necessary.
- Developing new or revising previous courses in Canvas.
- Update content in Canvas, i.e., uploading revised content, syllabus, revising dead hyperlinks.
- Review document for accessibility, i.e., using provided templates and resources.
- Help research and assemble resources and templates related to effective learning, teaching, or web content design.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work well with others, as well as independently.
- Develop positive relationships in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrate attention to detail in all deliverables and communications.
- Use a consultative, collaborative approach.
- Research, analyze, and synthesize information/data and provide recommendations for designing learning solutions.
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Strong comprehension and creative visualization skills.
- Strong self-motivation and self-management.
- Ability to constructively identify and discuss potential project challenges (e.g. scope change, deadlines and budget).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s or doctoral degree program and in good academic standing.
- Experience using Canvas learning management system.
- Experience reviewing and summarizing scientific literature.
- Ability to develop research proposals, i.e., familiarity with common research designs.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Effective and appropriate written and verbal communication skills in a business environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Sway.
- A background in educational psychology and technology, or industrial-organizational psychology might be helpful.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.