STARTALK: Program Assistant (Multiple Vacancies)
Category:: Research Foundation
Department:: Research Foundation for SUNY
Locations:: Oswego, NY
Posted:: Apr 10, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part-time Temporary
About SUNY Oswego:
The Research Foundation at SUNY Oswego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively engaged in recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. We encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction.
Requests for reasonable accommodations of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to
Email: [email protected]
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
The Research Foundation for SUNY at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications for the position of temporary program assistant to assist the STARTALK summer camp (May 1, 2019 to August 31, 2019). Multiple vacancies available. While this position is affiliated with the campus of SUNY Oswego this is a Research Foundation position, NOT a New York State position.
Position Title: Program Assistant
Posting Date: April 10, 2019
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until all positions are filled.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Date of Appointment: Immediately
The Program Assistant will:
- Assist the director with the administration, management, and supervision of a comprehensive summer camp program serving students in grades 2-12.
- Collaborate with manager of facilities and various on- and off- campus offices to coordinate summer camp activities.
- Serve as liaison between parents/ guardians and summer camp director/ teachers.
- Assist the director in planning, organizing, executing, and evaluating summer program and cultural workshops.
- Compile data, statistics, and digital information to assess the success of summer camp.
- Use surveys and online survey tool to gather parent/ guardian feedback.
The Program Assistant will be expected to display a commitment to immersion language education (https://www.oswego.edu/startalk) and possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse student body, parents/guardians, teachers, staff, and program specialists.
- Some college level education in Education or related field
- Some experience working with school age students
- Comply with the curriculum principles and training provided
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Understanding of the needs of students, including those from high-risk backgrounds
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Education or a related field
- Some knowledge in Chinese language and culture
- Previous experience and knowledge of summer camps
The Program Assistant must attend a free Child Protection Training and Pre-Program Workshop in June. These workshops are required for employment.
Official transcripts are required prior to hiring. Files must be completed to be considered.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the US in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1966.
Submit a letter of application addressing qualifications, a copy of unofficial transcript, resume, and contact information for three professional references electronically by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please click here to login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
Please click CONTACT US if you need assistance applying through this website.