Manager, Commitment Accounting
DescriptionThis position will be responsible for ensuring that all payroll transactions and related adjustments are posted correctly to the general ledger and sub-ledger. Qualified candidates should be able to work efficiently in a high-pressure deadline driven environment. This position may require working nights and weekends to meet strict deadlines.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise Commitment Accounting Accountant III
- Run and correct errors on pre-payroll error reports and coordinate with college and department staff to reduce future errors.
- Build HR journals in PeopleSoft Financials and balance all HR journals.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll entries, fringe charges and vacation payouts.
- Troubleshoot and respond to inquires from departments regarding payroll and funding issues
- Process prior period payroll adjustments
- Review and clear university payroll suspense accounts monthly
- Reconcile payroll system to general ledger and Continuous Audit Data for approximately 14,000 employees
- Create annual payroll accrual journal and process all manual journals related to personal services.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and four years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit04/16/19, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Comptroller/Financial Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/09/19, 10:50:16 AM