Senior Administrative Assistant
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Senior Administrative Assistant
Posting Number: S01261
Regular, Temporary or Term: Regular
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Hiring Minimum: $18.14/hour
Band/Level: Operations 3
Location: Monterey, CA Campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for the smooth and efficient implementation of key administrative and management operations at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS). The position combines multiple responsibilities in office administration, financial analytics, IT and digital security compliance and services, and coordination of office administration and communication among three CNS offices (Monterey, Washington D.C., and Vienna, Austria) and over 40 full-time and 20 part-time employees. This is a full-time staff position.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
• Provide essential administrative services to CNS and its senior leadership
• Ensure effective and efficient operation of the CNS front office, including coordination and training of GRAs at the front desk
• Manage supplies, inventories, office equipment, and oversee the maintenance of common areas and the overall physical plan of the Monterey office
• Manage calendars, mailing lists, and scheduling for CNS
• Serve as main point of contact for Facilities and Custodial Services, Public Safety, IT and Media Services, and Events Management
• Make travel arrangements for CNS (Monterey) visitors, speakers, and workshop/conference participants/staff, including booking hotels, flights, and ground transportation. Arrange catering for events and workshops.
• Process expense reimbursements and honoraria for speakers and other visitors, including ensuring all tax compliance requirements are met.
• Liaise with the Middlebury Global Operations Committee, including participating in monthly conference calls.
• In coordination with CNS Deputy Director and the Finance and Administration Manager, develop office procedures, policies, and written manuals for new employees and students and oversee their implementation
• Develop the systems and support structure for office operations
• Lead and coordinate overarching administrative, procedural, and IT issues for the three CNS locations
• Train new staff and GRAs in key office procedures
FINANCIAL REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
• Based on Oracle entries for various grants and contracts, analyze large amounts of recorded data, prepare weekly salary and non-salary balance reports and other critical financial reports for 30-40 grants and contracts
• Track expenses, bi-monthly reconciliation of P-card transactions, and create and reviews reports with senior management during the weekly budget meeting
• Process payments to vendors and independent contractors for services, as well as reimbursements for travelling staff
• Develop and maintain a filing and tracking system for vouchers, wire transfers, tax forms, speaker and similar agreements.
DIGITAL AND TECHNICAL SERVICES
• Maintain and update the new, mandatory CNS Staff Cybersecurity Compliance spreadsheet for the Digital Security Plan document (along with CNS IT experts)
• Manage and support the implementation of key policies and procedures under the CNS Digital Security plan in coordination with CNS, MIIS, and Middlebury IT Services
• Provide technical support with audio and visual equipment at CNS
• Provide critical technical support to CNS staff members with general software applications questions, and with the use and updating of required and recommended digital security features
• Coordinate with DLC and CNS IT regular and as-needed training sessions for CNS staff, visitors, and students
• Conduct regular inventories of all devices, software, and external Information Systems ("Cloud").
• Conduct regular vulnerability assessments of Center devices, with the aim of identifying and documenting known vulnerabilities on Center assets
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES IN SUPPORT OF CNS MISSION
• Provide administrative, logistical and technical support for CNS events
• Develop and administer application processes for professional development courses and internships
• Assist Director and other staff members with special projects
• Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications
Associates degree or job-related technical skill training (computer operation, bookkeeping, IT troubleshooting) or equivalent work experience, with proven track record of successful performance in directly related jobs (experience in public relations, administrative assistant positions, human relations, office management, or facilities administration).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent knowledge of office operations and management
• Good familiarity with budget process and financial reporting
• Computer literacy to include MS Word, advanced Excel, and database management
• Good familiarity with computer, audio/visual, conferencing and other digital equipment and ability to troubleshoot technical problems
• Attention to detail, willingness to take initiative, ability to prioritize and organize work requests and projects, often with frequent interruptions;
• Must be able to multi-task and work well in a professional, fast paced environment;
• Must be able to interact professionally with all status levels, from students to international dignitaries;
• Willingness to be a team member and supportive colleague to all CNS staff;
• Willingness to adapt to new technologies and systems; and ability to comply with Institute policies, procedures, and mandates.
At least 5 years of proven experience in public relations, administrative assistant and/or office management positions, accounting, human relations or facilities administration. Demonstrated knowledge of computer, audio/visual, conferencing and other digital equipment and experience in troubleshooting technical problems
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Position requires light to moderate physical effort and the ability to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Open Until Filled: Yes
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency