Senior Applications Architect
Senior Applications Architect
Job no: 492595
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Categories: Information Technology
Role: Senior Applications Architect
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday Flexible
Rate of Pay:
Minimum $ 55,203 Maximum $75,000
Job Summary:Provide enterprise application programming, analysis and problem solving services as related to the integration of enterprise applications, database services, hardware services, and network/communication connectivity services.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree.
- Five years experience in software development, integration, and system administration.
- Experience with a number of industry standard development platforms and environments.
- Experience with network architecture and workstation/server hardware and software.
- Experience with education industry software/databases preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide enterprise application programming, analysis and problem solving services to client groups. Evaluate the needs of the end users; develop cost effective solutions that will meet the needs of the end users.
- Develop systems solutions using in-house and/or third party tools as necessary. Oversee implementations to ensure cost-effective and timely delivery of products and services.
- Maintain databases and servers during implementation and integration of applications systems enhancements.
- Provide IT staff and user training of new applications and system enhancements.
- Provide follow-up and ongoing technical support to end user groups.
- Research industry trends and make recommendations to IT management regarding new applications and enhancements to improve the College’s use of data.
- Serve as the backup system administrator for Ellucian Colleague and related systems.
- Serve as primary system administrator for various systems as assigned.
- Resolve problems escalated to the highest level with advanced level of problem resolution skills.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
Light (up to 25 lbs occasionally or 10 lbs frequently)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: April 8, 2019 Central Daylight Time