Assistant Volleyball Coach
Assistant Volleyball Coach
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting NumberS00815Position TitleAssistant Volleyball CoachWorking TitleAssistant Volleyball CoachPosition NumberPay Grade/CategoryPosition TypeExempt Division and Department Information DivisionStudent DevelopmentDepartmentAthletics Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
The Assistant Coach is expected to assist in all aspects of the operation of their respective intercollegiate sport program including teaching and implementing skills and strategy, practice planning and execution, game preparation and execution, scouting, recruiting and student-athlete support issues.
- Assist with the organization and operation of respective sport including assuming responsibilities in the absence of the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing coaching strategies and establish expectations that facilitate the achievement of the student-athlete learning outcomes in the areas such as: teamwork, time management, problem-solving, conflict resolution, leadership and personal/professional networking.
- Teaching athletic skills and team concepts as well as implementing skills and strategy in competitive situations.
- Assist head coach to ensure that all actions of coaches and student-athletes of said team are performed with the appropriate level of instruction, safety precautions and training and the physical well-being of everyone is taken into account in all that is done as a member of the program.
- Provide leadership in establishing, regulating, publicizing and enforcing all team regulations regarding personal conduct.
- Maintaining the care of athletic equipment and uniforms used in respective sport.
- Assist head coach to ensure that student-athletes have completed all required eligibility forms, etc. prior to participating. In addition, the coach shall keep the Office of the Director of Athletics notified of all changes in the team roster.
- Cooperate with the athletic trainer and other College health personnel in the care and prevention of injury. Coach will also cooperate with the athletic trainer’s office concerning all injuries requiring attention by a physician.
- All other duties as assigned and therefore deemed necessary and appropriate by the head coach and/or the Director of Athletics or his/her representative.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Previous coaching experience and/or education and competitive background indicative of the ability to coach successfully in an NCAA Division III liberal arts college environment.
In Season – Full work days including practice, games on weekends.
Off Season – Flexible with another job. Will be expected to be there for non-traditional season, weights, and recruiting weekends.
Stipend: $4600.00Number of hours/dayNumber of hours/weekProposed Start Date07/15/2019 Posting Detail Information Posting DateOpen Until FilledYesClosing DateApplication Review Begin Date03/25/2019Is this a Temporary Position?NoFull-Time/Part-TimeOtherIf Full-Time, please specifyNot ApplicableIf Part-Time, please specifyNot ApplicableEEO/Diversity Statement
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application