Assistant Director of College Housing
The Assistant Director of Residential Experience provides oversight of live in staff management and programmatic initiatives within the Residence Life department. The main focus of the position is the development and supervision of the Complex Directors and secondary supervision of the Resident Directors, training, evaluation and selection of professional and paraprofessional live in staff, supervision of the RHA advisors, programmatic initiatives for residential students including assistance with budget management within the REO. The Assistant Director will be working closely with areas of campus such as Dean of Students, academic departments, athletics, events management, University Police, Student Leadership and Engagement, Student Conduct and Community Standards, and others. The Assistant Director will provide administrative coverage in the absence of the Assistant Dean of Residential Experience and is expected to serve as a contact in an on-call duty rotation schedule which includes evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays throughout the calendar year. In addition, responsibility includes offering consultation and guidance to Resident Directors and Complex Directors on call and responding in person when necessary.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous supervisory responsibility and management of professional staff.
- Knowledge of counseling and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate within a diverse population of students.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Master’s Degree in Student Personnel Administration, higher education or college counseling and development.
- Demonstrated full time experience in residence hall management. Demonstrated experience coordinating student judicial practices within a residence hall setting.
- Experience utilizing student judicial software applications.
- Experience with RHA management and student crisis management.
Qualified applicants may apply online at https://jobs.buffalostate.edu
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.