ACCOUNT CLERK, SENIOR
ACCOUNT CLERK, SENIOR
San Diego County - District Office
Transforming lives through learning isn't just the vision of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. It happens every day with our 30,000 students who take the first step in their higher education, become trained for a new career, or learn knowledge that transforms their world perspective.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District honors a diverse academic community and fosters equity mindedness across our institutions. As such, the District is committed to eliminating achievement gaps among different student groups by promoting a culture of appreciation for diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice, and continuously examining our processes and practices through an equity lens.
The District provides an excellent health and welfare benefits package to its employees. We take care of our employees and have continued to offer medical, dental and vision coverage to eligible employees and their dependents at no charge for any of the plans we offer.
Become a part of this dedicated team in beautiful San Diego County!
Your application must be completed in one sitting. The system will not save an incomplete or unsubmitted application. Please be attentive when applying as many of our positions require multiple attachments. Please review the special instructions to applicants on the job announcement for requirements. For the most seamless process, we strongly encourage you to prepare the required materials before beginning your application.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Months worked out of the Year: 12 months
Work hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Shift Differential: None
Starting Salary Range:
Range: 27; $3,218 (Step A) or $3,403 (Step B) Monthly
Based on education and experience
Tentative Interview Dates: May 30 and May 31.
Final Interview dates: week of June 3rd.
Anticipated Start Date: June 2019
*Note* from the first week of June to the first week of August, our district operates on a 4/10 schedule with Fridays off.
We are looking to fill our Account Clerk Sr. position on our Accounting department team. An area of focus is performing accounting and clerical tasks for the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform complex clerical duties involving the maintenance of assigned accounts and financial records, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable; provide services to staff, students and the public daily through personal and telephone contacts.
- Post, assemble, tabulate and reconcile a variety of financial and statistical data in the maintenance of assigned accounting functions; verify, balance and adjust assigned accounts.
- Provide staff, students and the public various services and information necessary for District transactions.
- Prepare and process various documents involved in financial transactions such as invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, warrants, checks and receipts.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of financial or statistical records, files and reports; obtain and provide information from records and files as requested.
- Resolve problems and discrepancies related to assigned accounting functions; provide information and assistance regarding accounting matters to employees, students and vendors.
- Operate a personal computer to enter financial information verifying input to assure accuracy.
- Collect, count, receipt and balance monies; prepare bank deposits; maintain records of cash transaction and receipts as required.
- Prepare cash banks and maintain proper change at registers as required.
- Perform a variety of clerical accounting duties related to the disbursement, collection and record keeping for financial aid programs, assuring compliance with pertinent laws, rules and regulations.
- Perform various clerical duties including typing, filing and processing incoming or outgoing mail as required.
- Train and provide work direction to others as assigned.
- Maintain departmental area(s) in a safe, clean and orderly condition; assure compliance with established safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain currency of qualifications for area of assignment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Accounting practices and procedures.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Recordkeeping techniques.
- Apply financial recordkeeping principles to the maintenance of complex fiscal and accounting records.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately; review and verify data.
- Maintain accurate financial and statistical records and prepare reports.
- Operate a cash register as required.
- Learn office policies, rules and practices.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Operate a personal computer including various software packages to enter and retrieve data using keyboarding skills in an efficient and effective manner consistent with requirements of the position.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, including or supplemented by courses in financial record keeping.
- Increasingly responsible experience in the preparation and maintenance of financial accounts and records.
- Office or bookstore environment.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Application must be completed in one sitting. Incomplete or unsubmitted applications cannot be saved.
Applicants may find it helpful to refer back to the job posting, specifically the special instructions, while applying. Consider saving the job description or opening a new browser window.
Be sure you have the following materials prepared and ready to attach BEFORE beginning your application.
Position specific required documents:
- Complete and current resume
- 1-2 page cover letter addressing how you meet the qualifications for this position. *Note* the cover letter is also used while screening your application materials to gain information about your qualifications.
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing should notify the Human Resources Department by calling (619) 644-7679.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful fingerprint clearance. A processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required.
To apply, visit https://gcccd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gcccdcareers/job/San-Diego-County---District-Office/ACCOUNT-CLERK--SENIOR_R-00724.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District, a two-college district in eastern San Diego County, has been providing a high-quality education to the region since Grossmont College opened its doors in 1961 and Cuyamaca College began operating in 1978. The district is tied closely to the suburban and rural communities that it serves, providing a $1 billion economic impact to the region through its payroll, purchasing, and spending by students and alumni.
The district has a strong commitment to diversity and equity with a student population representing a broad variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, cultures and abilities. The district strives to provide an educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding, and respect that ultimately also benefits the global community.
The colleges offer more than 150 degrees and certificates in a wide range of programs. Both colleges have signature programs that have become well-renowned. Grossmont College is recognized for its top-notch Administration of Justice, Culinary Arts, Nursing and Allied Health and Theatre Arts programs, while Cuyamaca is known for its Automotive Technology, Ornamental Horticulture, Environmental Health and Safety and Water/Wastewater Technology programs.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency