Full-Time Process Technology Instructor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000840Job Title: Full-Time Process Technology InstructorPS Position#: 00000174Position Status: Full-TimeSalary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: FacultyDepartment:Process Technology POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Process Technology courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, extension, online, hybrid, and/or dual enrollment classes at various campuses.
- Candidate should expect to participate in outreach and recruiting activities, University partnerships, and other program building initiatives.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote the Process Technology program.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree and at least two (2) years of related (non-teaching) work experience or a Bachelor’s (or higher) degree with one (1) year of related (non-teaching) work experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Process Technology
- Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Technology from an accredited institution
- Strong background in Chemistry and/or lab
- Experience in Safety Management
- Experience as a teacher, trainer, and/or training coordinator
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate degree and at least two (2) years of related (non-teaching) work experience or a Bachelor's (or higher) degree with one (1) year of related (non-teaching) work experience?
- * Do you have an Associate degree in Process Technology?
- * Do you have experience as a teacher, trainer, or training coordinator?
- * Do you have a related Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship?
- * Do you have previous Safety Management experience?
- * Do you have a Master's (or higher) degree in Technology from an accredited institution?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document