Dean of Nursing
POSITION: Dean of Nursing
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Dean of Nursing is an experienced educator who will provide strategic leadership for the planning, development, assessment, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the Nursing Department.
- Provides leadership and management for all the areas of the Nursing Department.
- Develops and maintains relationships and correspondence with IDFPR, ICCB, and Nursing accrediting agencies.
- Overseas the management of the BNAT program.
- Improves outcomes assessment activities and retention activities to support student success
- Align program policies and procedures with college and outside regulatory agencies
- Ensures program accountability efforts
- Effectively plans and manages the budget
- Develops and collaborates with department chair and faculty to create and staff the academic schedule
- Staffs courses in collaboration with the department chair and faculty
- Establishes and submits payroll
- Handles student issues and concerns
- Organizes the tenure process and faculty evaluations per contractual guidelines
- Assists and supports instructional technology initiatives
- Supports faculty in the development and maintenance of the nursing curriculum
- Coordinates articulation and course transferability
- Participates in district, state, and community committees and outreach activities
- Coordinates annual meeting with the Nursing Advisory Board
- Organizes high-school articulation meetings, open house, etc.
- Master’s in Nursing required, along with current state nursing license which could be transferable to Illinois;
- 5 years of college-level teaching experience in nursing required
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Accreditation experience
- Experience in nursing curriculum development and assessment
- Experience with clinical arrangements and agreements
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Doctorate degree from regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Familiarity with Ellucian a plus;
STATUS/SALARY: Annual Salary - $100,000 with Benefits
BEGINNING DATE: July 1, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit letter of application, resume, and transcripts to
3/21/2019 [email protected] or Office of Human Resources, Room 1245