Olive-Harvey College is seeking a full time Chief Engineer to provide a variety of services to departments such as: electrical, mechanical and building related repair, custodial services, snow removal, carpentry, painting, issuance of keys and many other services, including relocation of departments. The Chief Engineer will supervise engineering staff and assist with assignment coordination.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains the building equipment and machinery to keep them in excellent working condition.
- Supervises engineering staff and assists with assignment coordination.
- Analyzes costs and work schedules and sets priorities to expedite operations and repairs.
- Apportions work among engineering staff according to specialized training.
- Directs engineering personnel in computing operating budgets, compiling reports, and conducting special investigations and studies to evaluate efficiency of operation programs.
- Issues work orders and controls work to keep expenditures within funds available.
- Inspects completed work and authorizes job order closeouts.
- Observes work site and activity to ensure that required safety standards are being met.
- Inspects installations at all stages to ensure installation operations are in compliance with plans and specifications.
- Present membership in the plant engineering staff for the City Colleges of Chicago for a minimum period of twelve months.
- Must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent and have a Stationary Engineer’s license.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the operation and repair of heating and ventilation equipment, steam plants, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigeration equipment, air conditioning units, fans automatic/power oiling pumps and engines.
- Additional knowledge and skills in others trades are preferred.
- Morning Shift: 6:00 am to 3:00 pm
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Primary Location: Olive-Harvey College
Job Posting: Apr 9, 2019, 1:44:04 PM