Adjunct Instructor- Librarian
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - LIBRARIAN
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
This position isresponsible for providing professional services to students, faculty and staff.The position will provide a full range of services that include sectionmanagement, customer service, reference assistance, academic advising andeducation to students regarding the use of the college library.
- Performs specialized tasks involved in the acquisition, cataloging, referencing andcirculation of library materials.
- Assists all library users with electronic and print materials.
- Assists staff and patrons in identifying and locating documents and materials.
- Adapts cataloging of new materials using the Library of Congress Catalog or similarsystems.
- Researches and solves complex bibliographic identification problems.
- Selects, orders, catalogs and classifies special collections of technical books,periodicals, slides, films strips, motion pictures, video tapes, journal reprints andother materials.
- Performs literature searches and annotates or abstracts materials.
- Assists patrons in research problems.
- Must have familiarity with Internet sources and the ability to search on-linedatabases.
- Master’s degree in Library Science is required.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort todevelop practical action programs to improve the functioning of the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the ability to effectivelyinteract with personnel at all levels (both inside and outside of the organization).
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability tohandle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be flexible, innovative and possess excellent analytical and problem-solvingskills.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
Job Posting: Jan 16, 2019, 12:07:55 PM