Adjunct Instructor- Librarian
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - LIBRARIAN
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
This position isresponsible for providing professional services to students, faculty and staff.The position will provide a full range of services that include sectionmanagement, customer service, reference assistance, academic advising andeducation to students regarding the use of the college library.
- Performs specialized tasks involved in the acquisition, cataloging, referencing andcirculation of library materials.
- Assists all library users with electronic and print materials.
- Assists staff and patrons in identifying and locating documents and materials.
- Adapts cataloging of new materials using the Library of Congress Catalog or similarsystems.
- Researches and solves complex bibliographic identification problems.
- Selects, orders, catalogs and classifies special collections of technical books,periodicals, slides, films strips, motion pictures, video tapes, journal reprints andother materials.
- Performs literature searches and annotates or abstracts materials.
- Assists patrons in research problems.
- Must have familiarity with Internet sources and the ability to search on-linedatabases.
- Master’s degree in Library Science is required.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to improve the functioning of the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels (both inside and outside of the organization).
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be flexible, innovative and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Malcolm X College was selected as a 2019 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication. MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
Job Posting: Jun 14, 2019, 1:27:42 PM