Associate Director, Student Financials
The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinoisand one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 80,000 students eachyear access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students inmeeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into oradvance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer toa four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCCseeks candidates committed to our students’ success and offers a uniqueopportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students’lives.
City Colleges of Chicago is seeking a Student Financial business partner to assist with providing effective, efficient student financial assistance to our student population. If you are a detail oriented Student Financial professional with a passion for providing services to students seeking degrees of economic value, consider joining the City Colleges of Chicago Finance team.
The Associate Director of Student Financials is responsible for the administration and coordination of the centralized billing process for state scholarship programs. This position supports the District as a technical advisor and liaison for the Financial Aid program.
Duties and Objectives:
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the operational, personnel and budget functions of the Office.
- Monitor the Implementation accounting policies and procedures for the District.
- Plans, develops and implements new and revised systems and procedures.
- Supervise the preparation of various requirements of the external and internal audits, grantors, external agencies, management and Board.
- Manage and administer the centralized billing process of various state scholarship programs. Coordinate a calendar of deadline dates for claims. Reviews claim data for accuracy. Distributes claim data to state agencies and the colleges.
- Create comprehensive records for all state scholarship program claims, payment results and payment receipts
- Assist in the establishment of standardized procedures and the development of forms and reports for the veterans’ benefits and financial aid programs.
- Train and offer technical assistance to college personnel in the areas of veterans’ benefits and state scholarship programs. Conducts or arranges seminars, workshops, or review sessions for college personnel concerning those programs.
- Compile data and prepares reports for various federal and state agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, or related field plus 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in the areas of federal and state financial aid programs, loans, and scholarships.
- Experience in Higher Education environment and collection of students’ receivables are preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and projects, mobilize efforts toward completion, and deliver with a high degree of quality on a consistent basis.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, decision-making and administrative skills.
- Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of the organization with proven experience in managing and directing a diversified work staff. Must be able to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively represent the department and District at various meetings.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the District. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work alternative schedules including evenings and/or weekends to meet the needs of the office and District.
Chicagoresidency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are anequal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank youfor your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Primary Location: Kennedy King College
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2018, 3:09:00 PM