Job Number: 82663
Job Code: 4103 Job Grade: F
FTE: 100%, non-exempt
School of Engineering, Electrical Engineering Department
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Electrical Engineering (EE) is one of the largest departments in the School of Engineering, with more than 60 faculty and 1000 undergraduate, masters and doctoral students (website: https://ee.stanford.edu). EE is seeking an administrative professional who can provide support for several professors and their research groups.
**Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume to be considered for this opening.**
Your responsibilities would include:
- Acting on behalf of faculty to establish priorities and identify and resolve problems that are administrative in nature.
- Overseeing and/or performing duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Composing and drafting documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking.
- Planning and scheduling calendars with limited consultation, resolving calendaring conflicts, and arranging travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Creating reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Overseeing and/or processing a variety of complex financial transactions including purchasing and reimbursement requests; researching, identifying, and resolving discrepancies. Assisting with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Previous experience providing administrative support in an academic institution.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
We provide market competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. As one of the greatest intellectual hubs in the world, take advantage of development programs, tuition reimbursement plus $800 you receive annually towards skill-building classes, or audit a Stanford course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Create an avatar and participate in virtual reality adventures or join one with fellow staff on Stanford vacations!
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computing, cell phones, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular
- Requisition ID: 82663
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency