This position serves as a user experience and interface designer for web-based communications and marketing projects and systems. Design, layout and contribute code to a variety of digital communication and marketing projects (e.g., microsites, proprietary university templates, social media campaigns, Wordpress sites, digital graphics, etc.). Create design concepts, UX wireframes and hi-fi UI mock ups. Contribute general design expertise to other mediums, including print publications.
• Exceptional knowledge of visual and graphic design principles and the creative process.
• Demonstrated experience and success producing thoughtful and compelling design concepts for web and other digital applications.
• Knowledge of project management methodology and concepts including work on cross-functional teams.
• Mastery of key Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop and Illustrator).
• Proficiency with modern UX/UI software (Sketch and/or Figma).
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote.
• Ability to learn and adapt to the constraints of web content management systems.
• Ability to write custom HTML and CSS.
• Expert knowledge and ability to consult on responsive web design, including intuitive breakpoint identification.
• Ability to advise on differences in content approach across various devices (e.g. mobile vs. desktop).
• Familiarity with design constraints posed by major social media platforms.
• Excellent organizational, consulting, interpersonal, and communication skills, with evidence of on-going professional development and commitment to excellence in a team-oriented environment.
• Experience in project management and executing multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Exceptional customer service skills and effective presentation skills.
• Superb problem solving and collaboration skills.
• An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Previous years of work experience in digital design, marketing and web communications.
• Experience with print publication design. Proficiency with Adobe InDesign.
• Familiarity with the professional printing process (e.g. packaging art files for printing presses, digital vs. offset printing, etc.).
• Experience with apparel design. Understanding of the constraints posed by various types of processes (e.g. embroidery, screen printing, sublimation, etc.).
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.