Adjunct Faculty - Math
Posting DetailsPosting Details (Default Section) Posting Number 9001090 Title Adjunct Faculty - Math Position Type Adjunct Faculty Department Math Job Summary
This position carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of North Central Texas College in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment while embracing positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to our students and employees.
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of course and program objectives and to contribute to the overall educational environment of the college and community and to provide related services such as academic advising, committee participation, professional development, community development as well as other service support that is needed in the fulfillment of the North Central Texas College’s Mission.
• Planning and teaching undergraduate courses in mathematics including Mathematics for Liberal Arts, Elementary Statistics, and courses ranging from College Algebra through Calculus.
• Treat students and colleagues with respect.
• Active involvement in issues of institutional effectiveness including student learning outcomes, program level outcomes, and marketable skill achievement.
• Focus teaching and outreach efforts on student success.
Master’s degree in mathematics or a master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in mathematics or statistics.Required Skills & Abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Above average computer skills.
• Exhibition of respect and professionalism in a spirit of collegiality.
• Microsoft Office proficient.
• Ability to promote an effective environment for learning in lecture and lab experiences.
• Ability to teach students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
Experience teaching mathematics required.Preferred Experience
Community College, Dual Credit and/or Public School teaching experience preferred.Posting Date 04/02/2019 Closing Date Special Instructions to Applicants
Classes scheduled during the day or evenings depending on enrollment.
Subject to criminal background check.
Resume, Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae & Transcripts required in addition to application.
Salary: $590/Semester Hour (3 semester hour course = $1,770)
Possible additional compensation for large class size.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Newspaper advertisement
- NCTC website
- Employee Referral
- Internal Posting
- Workforce Solutions- Texoma
- Hispanics In Academia
- Chamber of Commerce
- Work in Texas
- Diversity & Inclusion Email
- Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education
- VIP Position - HigherEdJobs.com
- Inside Higher Ed
- * Please designate which campus/campuses you are available to teach.
- Denton County
- Flower Mound
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae