Campus Visit Program Coordinator
The Campus Visit Program Coordinators work on the Visit Team which oversees all aspects of the campus experience including admission presentations, campus tours, class visits, overnight shadow programs, and group tours to campus. The Visit Team is responsible for planning and implementing programs for a variety of visitors on campus. This may include prospective and admitted students, high school counselors, community based organizations, grad students, alumni, high school and middle school groups. The two Campus Visit Program Coordinators work collaboratively to execute a prospective student's visit to campus to: (1) ensure that students and families have clear communication about their visits, (2) schedule academic, campus life and inclusive excellence appointments across campus, (3) provide exceptional quality service to families and the Denver Campus Community and (4) manage the student tour guide program.
- Provide comprehensive concierge communication with visitors before and after their visit.
- Create open communication and build relationships with other departments across campus to ensure a successful visit for prospective families.
Customer Service & Hospitality
- Ensure that all touch-points with visitors are delivered with exceptional quality service.
- Ensure that admission personnel and the DU Community are prepared to assist each guest (via phone calls, in-person, and email) with success and with the utmost respect.
Campus Visit Coordination
- Manage all aspects of daily visits and independently execute the various aspects of a complex, individualized visit program.
- Oversee our nine half day visit programs, [email protected], and our three Transfer Visit Programs. This includes reserving venue space, parking, AV, food, tour guides and admission staff and arranging all aspects of the student's visit - faculty appointments, class visits, and student panels.
- Assist the rest of the visit team to provide exceptional quality services to all visitors (i.e. high school and middle school groups, admitted student programs, high school counselors, alumni, graduate students, etc).
- Monitor and review the division budget allocated to Campus Visits as part of the Visit Team , which is over $100,000.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with others.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret college catalogs and other university publications, transcripts, other application materials, technical procedures, or policy manuals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, University colleagues and the general public over the telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to handle problems calmly and efficiently.
- Ability to type a minimum of forty words per minute.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to learn Banner and Slate.
- Bachelor's Degree
- One year of office experience; and/or one year of customer service/hospitality experience.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Fluency in another language, Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to event management and coordination.
- Knowledge of principles of budget development, management methods, and techniques.
- Skill in effectively managing, supervision, and evaluating assigned staff.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on April 19, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
the hourly range for the position is $17.20-$17.89
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.