Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-22
The University of Virginia's Center for Diabetes Technology, is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed. This position coordinates and implements clinical trial research studies in the Center for Diabetes Technology. The incumbent collaborates with a Principal Investigators, nurse research coordinators, and other clinical team members on clinical trials; collects and analyzes clinical research data; prepares appropriate study documentation; and ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies. Incumbent is responsible for maintaining quality management of the trial portfolio.
Clinical Research Coordinators, Non-Licensed, work closely with study subjects and other research staff and are involved in most steps of the research trial process. They function under the Principal Investigator's medical license and cannot perform any tasks that by state or local law require a medical license to perform. They work independently and have the authority to adapt methods and procedures to meet the needs of the clinical trial. They are focused on the long term goals of clinical research trial and process.
- Recruit, screen, and enroll study participants who meet research criteria. Collect basic information through scripted interviews and answer general questions.
- Obtain informed consent from study participants and maintain telephone and in-person contact. Notify Principal Investigator and supervisor of subject status.
- Collect subject data, enter and analyze data, and compile reports, adhering to proper research protocols. Prepare documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials. Keep appropriate logs, track participants, and prepare study materials.
- Process, prepare and ship laboratory specimens.
- Compile and submit study protocols and amendments, consent forms, and recruiting materials to the Institutional Review Board and department for approval with oversight from supervisor or Principal Investigator.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: At least one year.
Licensure: Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) with four years experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
This is position can be physically challenging depending on the requirements of the clinical trial as some trials are performed at off site locations, requiring moving study supplies between locations. Travel to other various clinics to visit study subjects may also be necessary. Other times, the position may be sedentary , involving extensive use of computers. The job does will require walking some distance to attend study appointment, meetings, and programs.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.