Assistant/Associate Professor in Higher Education, Teacher Education Department (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Assistant/Associate Professor in Higher Education, Teacher Education Department (Fall 2019) Position Number:11906409 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Online General Summary:
The College of Education at the University of North Georgia is seeking applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor to administer and teach in an online, interdisciplinary higher education doctoral program.
This position, located in the College of Education, focuses on our new educational doctorate, and we seek a candidate experienced in higher education leadership and practice with a commitment to diversity, experience in quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies, and experience in online teaching and innovative teaching practices.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Assistant/Associate Professor in Higher Education will be responsible for:
- Teaching higher education leadership and practices courses on-line.
- Assisting in continued program development and growth.
- Participating in on-campus committees and activities.
- Collaborating on-campus with colleagues across departments and disciplines within the university.
- Participating in program assessment, and supporting and advising students/candidates in completion of dissertation research.
- Ph.D. or EdD in Higher Education or in a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated excellence in scholarly research, including regular publications and professional presentations, and/or grant funding.
- Demonstrated success in on-line teaching.
- Experience supporting and mentoring doctoral students/candidates including directing dissertations.
- Experience in research design, especially quantitative methodology and instrument assessment
- Experience in program assessment.
- Experience working with colleagues across disciplines in a highly collaborative setting.
- Successful applicants should have a strong methodological background and might have teaching and research interests in one or more of the following areas: College curriculum development, higher education administration or leadership, diversity, ethics, two-year institutions, student affairs, institutional research, globalization, and higher education law and policy.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.