New Media and Design Lecturer
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Number 000904 Functional Title New Media and Design Lecturer Position Type Non-Tenure Stream Position Eclass FC - Faculty 9 month Non Leave earn University Information
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a higher-research activity university as classified by the Carnegie Foundation. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC system institutions, UNCG is one of the most diverse universities in the state with nearly 20,000 students and over 2,700 faculty and staff members representing more than 90 nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 100 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNCG is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit
The School of Art is part of the College of Visual & Performing Arts, a community of artists with almost 1500 undergraduate and graduate students. It is the largest visual and performing arts unit in the University of North Carolina system and is recognized for its comprehensive array of graduate programs and the success of its graduates. The School of Art enrolls over 400 majors and offers degrees in Art Education, Art History, New Media and Design, Painting, Printmaking and Drawing, Photography, Sculpture, and Ceramics.
Housed in a first-rate facility and located next door to the acclaimed Weatherspoon Art Museum, the School of Art has also opened the Greensboro Project Space gallery—an experimental site in a vibrant downtown area that is also home to the Elsewhere Museum, the International Civil Rights Museum, and numerous other cultural institutions.
UNCG is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V employer and are strongly committed to increasing faculty diversity (http://web.uncg.edu/hrs/).Position Summary
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro School of Art seeks to fill a one-year Lecturer position in New Media and Design.
The School of Art’s New Media and Design program introduces students to a variety of conceptual and technological approaches employed by contemporary artists and designers. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in several of the following areas: interactive media, digital photography, motion graphics, video art, and digital art and design.
- Teach 4 courses each semester
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Appointment begins August 1, 2019
- Review of applications begins April 29, 2019
- MFA in Visual Art or related field
- Knowledge of contemporary art and design
- Ability to guide students in projects utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Two (2) years of teaching experience preferred
To apply for the position, electronically submit the following as Word or PDF:
- Statement of interest
- Curriculum vita
- Teaching philosophy
- Portfolio of student work (20 works with image list or captions)
- List of 3 references with names, mailing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers
"R" for Rare (0-30%),"O" for Occasional (30-60%),"F" for Frequent (60-90%),"C" for Constant (90-100%).Physical Effort Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - o, Finger Dexterity - o, Reading - f, Writing - f, Eye-hand coordination - o, Vision-Color Distinction - f, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - f, Vision-Visual inspection - f, Hearing - f, Talking - f, Standing - o, Sitting - o Work Environment Inside - c Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- Link to Portfolio of Student Work
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- SpartanTalent Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?