Completion Coach (Grant Funded)
Position Title: Completion Coach (Grant Funded)
Master’s degree, three (3) years of related work experience with diverse populations, strong written and verbal communication,
interpersonal skills, and critical thinking ability required.
Experience in a college or university setting working directly with students, knowledge of student development, counseling and
advising and community services/resources outreach experience preferred.
A Completion Coach works individually with students to co-create a customized and prescribed pathway that tailors guidance to address the students’ goals, strengths and challenges. The individualized prescription is a dynamic, responsive instrument adjusted as needs change. A Completion Coach is the primary contact for academic referrals and life challenges. The Coach guides, counsels, mentors and advocates for student success and completion.
1. Interprets and applies results of predictive analytics and non-cognitive assessments to assist the Activity Director in determining caseloads;
2. Works in collaboration with the Director of College Community Connection to develop an inventory of College and community services and establishes working relationships with service providers;
3. Develops individualized prescription pathways in response to academic and student life demands which may include such initiatives as: individualized or group tutoring; specialized workshops; referrals to on-campus and off-campus resources and agencies;
4. Monitors students’ progress and adjusts prescribed pathway as needs emerge;
5. Consults with faculty to align efforts and assess progress in all courses in which the students are
6. Collaborates with students’ faculty, academic and career advisors;
7. Coaches students with scheduling challenges and with academic and personal obligations;
8. Collaborates with academic tutors to provide wrap-around academic services;
9. Prepares and delivers reports;
10. Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Learning Commons/PGP Activity Director.
One position is grant-founded and one is college founded.
A flexible schedule that includes travel between Utica and Rome with some evenings and weekends is required. Applicants must currently possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license at the time of hire and maintain a valid driver’s license throughout the duration of the appointment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 4/12/2019
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.