CCE Communications Intern
Job InformationClassification Information Classification Number 900613 Classification Title CCE Communications Intern Department Center for Community Engagement Level Level B (Skilled) Job Description
Join a fast-paced, creative, joyful work environment and make a positive impact on-campus and in the local community through this position in Community Engagement (CCE)! We seek a Communications Intern to help us with our digital presence and outreach.
• Produce the CCE’s Weekly Opportunities newsletter: tasks include writing newsletter copy, following-up with community partners, maintaining the newsletter subscription list, and soliciting input from office members. Familiarity with Mail Chimp desired.
• Help maintain the CCE website. Training in Drupal available if needed.
• Support the CCE’s social media platforms including writing posts for Facebook, writing blog posts, and taking photos at events.
• Support creating print media including event posters.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidate Skills and Experience:
• Strong technical writing and editing skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Digital Photography skills useful but not required.
• Graphic design and familiarity with programs like Canva useful but not required.
• Previous web editing experience a plus but not required.
• Previous experience in CCE’s programs or an interest in learning about our work.
• Interest in community media and resources (e.g., The Addison Independent, Front Porch Forum, Minibury) a plus.
This position is 6-10 hours per week in the Community Engagement office. Ideally the candidate will be available to start spring 2019 to be trained by outgoing Communications Intern and continue for the entire 2019-2020 academic year.Posting Number STU00758 Location Middlebury, VT Campus Posting Information Is this an academic year or summer position? Academic Year Open Date Close Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Please list two references in your resume.Quicklink for Posting http://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/19080 Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is only open to students. Are you a current Middlebury College undergraduate student?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V