Regional E-Campus Coordinator of Instructional Design
Working Title:Regional E-Campus Coordinator of Instructional Design Department:Regl Dean's Office Division:Academic Affairs Campus:Hamilton Posting Date:04/08/2019 Job Category:Staff Position Group:Unclassified Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 7011
The Regional E-Campus Coordinator of Instructional Design will collaborate with the E-Campus Director(s) to lead an instructional design team and advance strategic priorities that result in the growth of high-quality online learning opportunities; using data-driven best practices that promote student engagement and retention.Duties/Physical Demands:
- Provide daily operational leadership for instructional design team to direct performance and productivity while fostering a spirit of teamwork, accountability, and meaningful feedback.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with faculty and staff through the development of online course(s) and programs that demonstrate research-based perspectives to the art and science of instructional design through the production of engaging and accessible learning experiences.
- Demonstrate efficiency in managing multiple high-priority project plans, determine strategy and tactics, maintain deadlines, track progress and performance to ensure successful outcomes.
- Support the assessment process in online programs and courses; perform online and institutional research using analytics, data collection to develop data-driven strategies that advance instructional design initiatives.
- Research, assess, select, troubleshoot, implement and support instructional media and emerging technologies that benefit the university's teaching and learning priorities.
- Produce instructional and technical publications in a variety of media formats (websites, newsletters, tutorials, guides, videos, etc) that are clear, concise, appropriately detailed, and value-added by diverse audiences of faculty, staff, and students.
- Cultivate constructive relationships including diplomatically and proactively handling challenges, questions, or conflict, while successfully generating symbiotic solutions through collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional growth mindset by engaging in continuous investigation of emerging technologies, pedagogies, and leadership best practices through educational opportunities; professional publications or presentations; advancing personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Master's degree
- Two (2) or more years experience of team leadership experience in instructional design, educational technology or a related field.
- Two (2) or more years applying learning theory and pedagogy to develop instructional design strategies with advanced use of learning management system tools and production of online courses.
- Cultivate collaborative team culture with advanced written, oral communication and group facilitation skills.
- Initiate and prioritize work with exceptional project management and productivity skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with passion for the learner experience, and dedication to quality.
- Strive to be challenged, innate curiosity for learning, embrace change, adapt to new technology and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and use data to communicate progress and seek new approaches to challenges with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience using and/or supporting accessible technologies; knowledge of online learning regulatory and compliance agency requirements including: UDL, ADA, Section 508 compliance, FERPA,and other applicable laws, rules and regulations related to online learning.
Position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree or PhD in instructional design, instructional technology, or a related field of study.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in higher education leadership and supervision of instructional design teams and processes.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in software to design media elements included in e-learning production software such as audio, video, animation, simulation, and self-developed graphics.
- Quality Matters Certified Peer Review/Master Reviewer.