KINESIOLOGY INSTRUCTOR / HEAD MEN'S BASKETBALL COACH
KINESIOLOGY INSTRUCTOR / HEAD MEN'S BASKETBALL COACH
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Closing Date: 4/28/2019
Campus Location: San Jose City College
This faculty position is a full-time, 100% FTE (10 Months) Tenure Track position as Kinesiology Instructor / Head Men's Basketball Coach in the Division of Kinesiology located at San Jose City College.
Assignment may include day and evening responsibilities.
This position is represented by the San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach a 100% load in the field of Kinesiology and Athletics, or as otherwise assigned based on qualifications. Provide instruction in Kinesiology theory, activity and lab classes.
2. Coaching assignment in the sport of Men's Basketball with responsibilities set forth by the Dean/Athletics Director; oversee the entire program(s) including but not limited to matriculation, recruiting, scheduling, eligibility, monitoring academic progress, budgets, transportation, fundraising, and supervision of assistant coaches.
3. Responsible for maintaining compliance set forth by the Conference and State Athletic Association as it pertains to the position. Examples of duties include, but not limited to; successfully completing testing and training(s), meeting deadlines for submitting required forms, video & statistics upload deadlines, and other.
4. Produce and maintain on an annual basis - through recruitment and student-athlete development - a competitive team, and roster participation size that is equal to the conference average in which that sport is hosted.
5. Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
6. Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
7. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic and socio economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
8. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
9. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
10. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g. grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
11. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
12. Foster a professional work and learning environment.
13. Perform other duties as required by the Division Dean, Athletic Director and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Master’s degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise or Adaptive Physical Education
Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND Master’s degree in any Life Science, Dance, Physiology, Health Education, Recreation Administration or Physical Therapy
1. Two years of demonstrated exemplary teaching in the field of Kinesiology or related area.
2. Previous successful experience in developing a competitive men’s basketball team at the high school, community college, university, or professional level and a minimum of two years head coaching experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with colleagues on various issues to bring about results which are in the best interest of the students’ program, division, and college.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate with and facilitate learning with a diverse population of athletes representing a wide range of abilities, age, nationalities, and cultures.
5. Ability to establish and maintain contact with district high school coaches and athletes.
6. Demonstrated ability to recruit student athletes.
7. Knowledge of community college athletics and CCCAA Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
8. Ability to coordinate with other college colleagues and support staff, as well as the greater basketball community.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of learning styles and ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students’ ability, learning styles, and different fitness goals.
10. Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment.
11. Demonstrated willingness to put in extra time required to make a program successful.
12. Ability to raise funds to support the program.
13. Demonstrated effective time management and scheduling ability, and communication of team schedule to others.
14. Ability to promote and maintain articulation agreements with public and private four-year institutions.
15. Ability to promote the use of instructional technology in curriculum delivery.
16. Emphasis on helping students develop skills such as team work, leadership, social skills, problem solving, and decision making.
17. Knowledge of student transfer requirements to different types of 4-year colleges.
18. Ability to use computer programs effectively to record and maintain student data.
19. Ability to maintain a Social Media presence through to use Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for example, as it related to Men’s Basketball.
20. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
District’s Diversity Requirements
$71,270 to $97,833 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2017-2018); Maximum Salary Potential $124,022. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Faculty also receive paid sick leave.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District’s emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency