Request/Posting Number 0711851
Classification Title Business/Administrative Associate
Working Title Associate Director of Business Operations
Job Class # 005010
Type of Position Civil Service
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100
Department University Housing Services - 02600001
Job Category Staff
General Summary The Associate Director of Business Operations position is responsible for managing the operating and capital project budgets for the University Housing Services Department. The position prepares and monitors the budgets and financial expenditures for on campus housing facilities and housing reserve budgets. The Associate Director of Business Operations is responsible for the maintenance of all vendor contracts for the Department as well as obtaining proper Purchase Orders via procurement rules and regulations. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Director with administrative functions for the Department. This requires the Associate Director of Business Operations to be proficient with Excel and to work independently on completing tasks while also working collaboratively with unit personnel that do not have a background in accounting practices.
Required Qualifications 1. Master's degree in accounting, finance or related field (verify with transcript).
2. Six (6) years of professional level work experience in managerial and/or business experience, including three (3) years at an administrative level.
3. Demonstrated experience with auxiliary budgets with knowledge of accounting, finance and cost control principles.
4. Proficient in writing and editing reports and other materials that reflect an appreciation for the report audience as well as the accuracy required.
5. Excellent oral and written communication, as well as organizational and time management skills.
6. Advanced Excel proficiency and experience working in other Microsoft Office applications.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and apply results of data.
2. Knowledge of automated data processing systems, including accounting software applications. Advanced Excel proficiency and experience working in other Microsoft Office applications.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of management principles, practices, methods, and techniques.
4. Proven competence in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities. Ability to make quick, well-informed decisions.
5. Demonstrated ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
6. Demonstrated ability to prepare complete and accurate accounting reports.
7. Demonstrated ability to prepare detailed work involving the application of accounting theory to accounting problems.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, strong communication and problems solving skills.
9. Strong supervisory skills.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
Hiring Rate/Range $5,010-$6,514 per month
Work Hours Core working hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm, with some evening and weekend work required
Proposed Starting Date: May 2019
Posting date 04-04-2019
Closing date 05-12-2019
Special Instructions to Applicants For full consideration, the application and all supplemental information must be submitted on-line. Please complete the entire employment application including the education and work history background. Please do not put "see resume" in the duties and responsibilities section of the work history. This will be considered an incomplete application and incomplete applications will not be considered.
The employment application NOT the resume/cover letter, will be reviewed to determine if applicant meets minimum qualifications. Please be complete in the duties and responsibilities section for each position listed.
Required documents include a cover letter, resume and a reference list of at least three professional references including name/title/contact information (phone number and email). You must attach the required documents at the time of application.
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview.
The active register for this classification will be voided after the position is filled.
Copies of transcripts (may be unofficial) must be submitted by deadline date in order to receive full consideration for this position. Transcripts may be submitted on-line in "Optional Documents" or to the address/fax listed below.
Other documentation such as DD214 paperwork must be faxed, mailed, or delivered to Human Resources prior to the closing of the posting in order to receive the maximum eligible points:
Fax: 309.438.0011, Attn: Brandy O'Grady
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
Please monitor your e-mail for changes to your application status.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Brandy O'Grady
Departmental Homepage http://www.Housing.IllinoisState.edu/
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
Civil Service Test 5010-Business/Administrative Associate
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1.Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
2.Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
3.Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.
4.Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.