Lead Theatre Technician
Lead Theatre Technician
Salary: $53,040.00 - $71,016.00 Annually
Job Type: Classified - Full-time
Job Number: 5780-c-04/19
Closing: 4/26/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Under the direction of the Dean of Fine Arts, the Lead Theatre Technician will coordinate, participate in and provide technical direction for day-to-day activities and events in the College of the Sequoias Theatre facilities; operate technical equipment and oversee the scene shop; supervise and coordinate the work of student and volunteer technicians; monitor, maintain and oversee expenditures of Theatre budgets.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Lead Theatre Technician include:
- Schedule and coordinate events and activities related to theatre productions with District departments and personnel, outside performing groups, community groups and general public.
- Prepare and maintain theatre master calendar.
- Coordinate and provide technical direction for theatre productions.
- Coordinate and oversee the technical production crews, students and professionals during performances; monitor theatre during performances to assure rules, regulations and safety standards are met.
- Oversee the management and operation of the Theater's technical facilities (including scene shop, lighting, and sound); coordinate and participate in performance preparations such as construction, lighting, sound.
- Maintain stage equipment including drapery, tracks, lighting and sound equipment and counter weight systems; maintain storage, tool and hardware areas.
- Monitor and maintain theatre budget; plan for purchase of supplies and production equipment.
- Schedule requests for equipment rentals and loans-to various groups, schools and theatres.
- Assist in selecting, training and supervising student technical help.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Participate in collaborative decision making process relating to theatre production planning.
Any combination equivalent to:
- two years of college level training in theatre arts with emphasis in theatre production design, technology or management
- three years' experience in various fields of theatre production.
- Valid California driver's license
- An incumbent must be insurable at the "standard rate" by the employer's insurance carrier at all times while employed in this classification by the College of the Sequoias.
- Indoor environment.
- Drive vehicle from site to site to conduct business of the college.
- Ability to climb ladders to hang lighting fixture and rigging.
- Ability to safely use power tools, shop, and theatre equipment and materials.
- Ability to communicate with students/public.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to reach in all directions, i.e. bend, kneel crouch.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
- Working on ladders or scaffolding.
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Theatrical scenic, costume and lighting design practices.
- Coordination and management techniques of budgets, activities and events of a theatre.
- Methods, equipment and materials used in the technical operations of theatre production.
- Technical requirements of theatre productions, including lighting, sound and scenery.
- Operation and maintenance of specialized theatre production equipment.
- Principles and practices of training and providing work direction.
- Safety regulations procedures.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Digital media and marketing basics.
- Effectively communicate orally and in written, while demonstrating tact, patience and courtesy.
- Coordinate and participate in day-to-day activities of the college theatre.
- Coordinate, oversee and provide technical direction for performing arts events.
- Monitor and maintain a variety of records and prepare reports concerning theatre.
- budgets, technical requirements for productions and schedules.
- Attend meetings and serve as technical consultant for productions.
- Coordinate and manage scene shop.
- Construct, paint and finish sets and properties.
- Interpret and comply with technical requirements and applicable safety regulations.
- Operate and maintain a variety of specialized theatre production equipment, including lighting, sound and rigging equipment.
- Train and provide technical work direction to others.
- Assign and review the work of others.
- Plan and organize work.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work from technical drawings, plans, diagrams, blueprints and sketches.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
To be considered applicants must submit all of the following required material:
- An online COS application.
- Letter of interest, which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
Recruitment Analyst: Keila Reynoso (559) 730-3920
Full-time classified employees enjoy a number of benefits while working at the College of the Sequoias. These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (for more information, please visit "Employee Insurance" on COS' Human Resources webpage at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Insurance.aspx
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (PERS)
01 Do you have two years of college level training in theatre arts with emphasis in theatre production design, technology or management AND three years' experience in various fields of theatre production.
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2409009/lead-theatre-technician
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency