Building and Grounds Technician, Evenings - La Plata (#9011)
Building and Grounds Technician, Evenings - La Plata (#9011)Tracking CodeFY19-54 Job Description
Become an integral member of the College of Southern Maryland's Buildings and Grounds team who are entrusted to clean and maintain the buildings and grounds at the La Plata campus.
- Maintain the cleanliness of facilities (office, classrooms, labs, windows, restrooms, gym, locker rooms etc.) As assigned
- Perform and assist with snow/ice removal, maintain grounds as assigned.
- Operate equipment for maintaining floors, i.e. tile, carpet, ceramic and resilient gym floors, i.e. tile, carpet, ceramic and resilient gym floors and other duties as assigned. Assist in the set up and arrangement of facilities for wide variety of functions.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Flexibility is required during inclement weather and emergencies.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the College's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check and Motor Vehicle Record Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm, EST on Friday, April 19, 2019. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Required Skills
- Maintain insurability under college liability insurance plan for operating college vehicles.
- High school or equivalent and two years of qualifying experience (preferably in an Institutional settings)
- Knowledge of equipment use for janitorial cleaning
- Knowledge of using industrial cleaning and germicidal agents and Material Data Safety Sheets
- Ability to work well with others and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to work during emergency situations even when the college is closed