Apr 4, 2019
Primary responsibility will be to conduct research into the molecular pathogenesis of CNS disease in HIV infection, using a simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) infected rhesus macaque model. Recently funded projects include studies on the (1) Role of chronic microglial activation and neuroinflammation in HIV/SIV infection and (2) Role of cFMS signaling in sustained inflammation and viral load in HIV/SIV infection. The position requires experience and training in performing various molecular biological techniques but not limited to total DNA/RNA isolation, real-time PCR, cloning, gel-electrophoresis, immunoprecipitation/western blotting, luciferase reporter assays, multi-color flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, RNA/DNAscope, combined in situ hybridization/immunofluorescence, data analysis and interpretation.
Required Education and/or Experience:
1. Ph.D., D.V.M., and/or M.D. in a biological or medical science.
2. Previous experience with molecular biological techniques but not limited to total DNA/RNA isolation and purification, plasmid extraction and purification, PCR including real-time PCR and ddPCR, cloning, gel-electrophoresis, immunoprecipitation/Western blotting, and immunohistochemistry and non-biased steriologic quantification. Experience with multi-color flow cytometry staining/data analysis, immunoprecipitation/western blotting and image processing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency with common laboratory equipment and techniques.
2. Strong personal and communication (oral and written) skills.
3. Knowledge of various software programs (including presentation packages, spreadsheets and advanced word processing).
4. Organizations skills.
5. Familiarity with computers (both Mac & PC).
6. Direct experience with running and installing scientific equipment.
7. Previous experience with microscopy, histology, combined in situ hybridization/immunofluorescence.
8. A committed individual with a vision for their future.
9. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide the following materials for submission:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Reference
Application review starts immediately and continues until the position is filled.