Deputy Director - Human Resources
DescriptionJob Purpose: Develop and execute human resource programs as assigned by the AVP-HR. Work with teams in HR to lead in the development, implementation, execution and assessment of initiatives with both internal and campus-facing responsibilities. This individual will work closely with the AVP-HR to manage strategic guidance and operational support to the Institute, and will directly lead three or more HR units.Major Responsibilities:
- Serve as member of the AVP-HR's leadership team and act as representative of AVP-HR to senior campus leadership and system leadership.
- Participate in the development of the GTHR strategic plan and manage and coordinate GTHR efforts to accomplish strategic goals and initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders and management to develop comprehensive plans, tools, and resources to support outcomes.
- Advise management on issues and matters of significance related to objectives, programs and future initiatives.
- Monitor performance against strategic goals. Conduct assessments, gather and interpret data, produce reports and provide solutions to successfully manage objectives.
- Prepare presentations on issues and objectives of critical importance to the AVP-Human Resources and other members of leadership as needed.
- Champion policy harmonization and consistency across the HR organization.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, HR, or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Work Experience: Five to six years of related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This position requires excellent organizational, planning, time management, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills. Broad general knowledge of human resources policies and practices including those related to strategic planning. Management consulting and previous senior level management experience. The ability to prioritize workload and work effectively with minimal supervision, demonstrated ability to work concurrently on multiple projects in a matrix setting.
- Preferred Education: Master's degree in Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, or related discipline.
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: SPHR or PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
- Preferred Skills: Preferred skills and experience include knowledge of HR analytics and technology. Successful track record of innovation and working effectively with diverse stakeholders within a complex organization to build and deploy new strategies. Excellent management skills and the ability to plan effectively and maximize results to meet both short and long range goals and objectives. Demonstrated experience motivating others to maximize output and accomplish goals. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Senior Vice President Administration
Job Posting: Apr 21, 2019, 8:31:36 PM