Academic Program Manager II
DescriptionJob Purpose: Oversee administrative and logistical support to assigned degreed and/or non-degreed academic program offerings of an Institute academic unit. Facilitate the various actions required to successfully offer and conduct academic programs. These actions range from student recruitment, admission and retention to program development and outreach. Program assignments are generally considered to be complex or advanced in content and objective. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing performance and providing feedback and making pay recommendations.Major Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the application process through response to prospect inquires, scheduling interviews, maintaining applicant records, etc.
- Oversee student recruitment/program promotional event preparation.
- Supervise/provide advice for students and prospective students regarding assigned program offerings and academic progress.
- Prepare and disseminate communications materials regarding programs.
- Develop and implement career exploration and job search initiatives to include interview skills training and employer outreach programs.
- Develop and administer program budget.
- Prepare reports related to program performance.
- Review program processes and procedures, recommend modifications as appropriate.
- May plan and supervise daily staff work activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Academic Affairs, Business Management, Education or related field
- Work Experience: Six to seven years job related experience
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge and skills related to educational program management and administration; supervision , customer service, oral and written communications; organization; multi-tasking; maintaining accounting records; and, use of basic and specialized computer applications.
QualificationsPreferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: Master's Degree
•Preferred Work Experience: Eight to twelve years
• Ability to effectively interact with graduate-level prospective students, applicants and enrolled students from diverse cultures.
•Communicate clearly and efficiently in writing.
•Knowledge with Salesforce CRM.
•Proficient in BANNER and GT Reports; Both detail and process oriented in complex and routine tasks
•Ability to work in a very fast-paced and changing environment
•Ability to make decisions, both swiftly and independently
•Strong understanding of business practices, principles and communication
Additional Information:•This role will support the online masters of science in analytics, which is delivered completely online. The program has over 2,000 students and this number will scale up over time. For more information about the program, visit the program website - omsanalytics.gatech.edu
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: graduate students, faculty, program administration and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel graduate students.
Job: Student Services
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: GTPE-PE Programs
Job Posting: Apr 5, 2019, 1:49:26 PM