Mid-Level Provider - 83% Time
DescriptionJob Purpose: The Mid-Level Provider will provide primary care using approved protocols and references as a guide. Consult and collaborate with other healthcare providers as needed, providing appropriate referrals. Order and interpret lab and diagnostic tests, order medications and treatments per protocol or under physician supervision. Provide health education and counseling.Major Responsibilities:
- Provide quality care for all patients; collaborate with other units in the health center to promote health education.
- Manage acute and chronic illnesses; conduct travel visits; make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Perform simple suture techniques; treat basic orthopedic conditions; interpret laboratory values.
- Consult with physician regarding radiology or ECG results.
- Act as an advocate for the patient at all times.
- Exhibit a team approach regarding health care delivery.
- Maintain appropriate CME hours.
- Provide age-appropriate gynecological health care to eligible women within the Institute community.
- Position will practice within their specific scope of practice and will consult with collaborating physician freely and appropriately.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduate from an accredited mid level provider program: Nurse Practitioners must have graduated from an accredited college of nursing (Master's degree or higher) with a Georgia license to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (license must have Advanced Practice Registered Nurse designation). Physician Assistants must have graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Work Experience: Three to five years in ambulatory care, college health or emergency department
- Certifications: Current unrestricted Georgia license; current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification; current CPR certification
- Skills: Position requires the following: computer skills: Microsoft Office and email; demonstrated leadership skills in conduct, practice and professional commitment. In addition, performance evaluation skills, peer review, continuing medical education, patient satisfaction reports, medical emergency response, high-risk audits are required. Further requirements include: infection control review, preceptor ship, confidentiality review, credentialing, right-to-know, laws, HIPAA laws and multiculturalism. Position must be able to prioritize as well as to multi-task. Familiarity with electronic health record software is required. Excellent customer services skills and knowledge and sensitivity to young adult health issues are required.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: ATLS certification, ACLS certification.
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Auxiliary Services
Job Posting: Apr 4, 2019, 8:53:50 AM