To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The responsibilities of this position are to assist in the processing and maintenance of transactions related to auxiliaries and grants. This includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, data entry, payroll, reconciliations, and month-end processing.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Administer regular accounting processes by preparing journal entries, performing general ledger account reconciliations, preparing/analyzing financial reports and completing other administrative oriented tasks as assigned in support of the college.
- Review financial transactions to ensure amounts are classified properly.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as filing, scanning, and data entry, for the enterprise businesses and grants.
- Evaluate, develop and document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide assistance for the external audit of the related entities.
- Assist fellow peers, Finance and Enterprise leadership with various tasks or projects, as needed.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities, and handle multiple tasks and project, while providing detail oriented and accurate daily work.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with multiple technology systems and establish clear understanding of financial impacts and integration.
- Ability to analyze data and solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures, including an ongoing awareness of accounting standards.
- Must maintain compliance with required trainings as designated by supervisor.
- Have the presence, intelligence, demeanor, and verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively interact at all levels within and external to Kirkwood Community College.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and commitment to a customer service attitude while maintaining sound business practices.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate's degree in accounting.
- 2-4 years related experience.
- Experience with PC's and related software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures.
- Prior experience with Colleague system.
Kirkwood Community College declares and affirms that it values and respects diversity and inclusion in all College-sponsored events, all employment practices, and all educational programs and activities. The College will not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment of persons on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Anyone who has questions or complaints should contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, or by phone to (319) 398-5572, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560, Fax: (312) 730-1576, Email: [email protected].