MANAGER FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
MANAGER FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Posting Number: SRGV3854
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Finance and Administration
Scope of Job:
To provide expert organization and supervision for a Medical Department as documented on SOM organizational chart. Manage daily operations of the area by coordinating effectively with Department Administration, as well as other parts of the Medical School and University. Implements departmental policies and procedures while directly administering daily activities to include personnel administration, recruitment, academic/educational appointments and grant and/or financial management.
Description of Duties:
• Relieves Department Chair of a wide variety of internal administrative duties which require a thorough understanding of the functions, programs, and policies of the University.
• Coordinates the department’s physical resource utilization including space planning, budget and inventory control, purchasing and utilization of Department resources and provides Department project management oversight.
• Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates financial operation of department, including financial planning, budgeting, billing, and accounting functions in conjunction with Chair and Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration SOM.
• Prepares yearly budgets for department, and provides regular financial reports to the Chair regarding Department’s financial status in conjunction with Chair and Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration SOM.
• Interprets policies and regulations concerning department’s financial activities, including university policies and procedures and Federal and State agency guidelines.
• Directs and develops written justification to support budget proposals, expenditure items, and financial policy matters.
• Maintains an effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable in conjunction with Chair and Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration SOM.
• In collaboration with Department Chair, as well as the Office of Human Resources, the Office of the Provost and the Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration SOM, administers human resource activities to include coordinating the recruitment, appointment, credentialing, international visas of staff and faculty.
• Demonstrates commitment to improving service and product quality for internal and external customers; designs systems and processes which enhance efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls and ensures the integrity of all Department operations; assures that effective internal controls are developed and maintained to ensure integrity of the Department and the University.
• Prepares, submits and monitors contractual agreements and associated budgets; provides in conjunction with Chair and Chief Legal Officer administrative oversight of clinical and basic science research programs; assists in the development and implementation of research budgets and provides oversight of post-award reporting requirements.
• Assists in the development of both long and short-term strategic business plans for the Department; in conjunction with Chair and Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration SOM.
• Creates analytical reports for management review.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from Department Chair.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field.
Five (5) years of directly related experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Experience obtained in Higher Education or Health Care Environment.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/04/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20837
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency