The primary function of this 12-month full-time position is to provide services to meet the mental health needs of enrolled University of Toledo students, as well as consultation to University faculty and staff. This position is responsible for conducting initial screens for mental health services, mental health hospitalization follow up, face-to-face on-going individual/couples counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention services, and consultation services. This position will provide general mental health services as well as counseling for survivors of sexual violence. This position also serves as part of a team to provide training and outreach activities to educate others on issues related to food and housing insecurities, mental health and sexual violence prevention. This position also provides supervision for graduate level trainees in the mental health field, as well as assistance with education and prevention related to alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
Qualification/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Master’s Degree (Doctoral degree preferred) in counseling psychology, counselor education and supervision, or Social Work. Licensure in the mental health field required. Independent licensure in the mental health field preferred.
- Licensure in Ohio: Licensed by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
- 2 years clinical experience in a university counseling center or mental health agency.
- 30 hours of Continuing Education approved by Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board every two years to maintain license.
- Knowledge of university and community resources desirable.
Communication and other skills:
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal communication and customer service.
- Competence in Microsoft software programs and use of the internet.
- Exhibits strong critical thinking skills when working through crisis situations.
- Maxient or other case management software experience.