Part-Time Custodian (Evening Shift)
Department:: Custodial Services
Locations:: York, PA
Posted:: Apr 2, 2019
Closes:: Nov 15, 2019 - 11:59 PM EST
About York College of Pennsylvania:
York College of Pennsylvania, http://www.ycp.edu, is a private-sector, independent institution of higher education, offering over 60 baccalaureate majors in the arts and sciences and in professional fields as well as master's programs in business, education and nursing and a doctoral program in nursing. The College has an enrollment of over 4000 full time, over 500 part time undergraduate students and over 200 graduate students from 33 states and 37 foreign countries. The campus is located in South-Central Pennsylvania (50 miles north of Baltimore, MD, 30 miles south of Harrisburg, and 90 miles north of Washington, D.C.) and offers competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Under general supervision performs cleaning and operational tasks to care for and maintain College buildings and related facilities. Custodial positions are considered essential College personal and are required to work during closures and emergencies. Position may be required adjust schedule based on events and staffing needs. There are two positions available:
Positon 1: Monday - Friday 5pm-9pm
Position 2: Monday - Friday 5pm-10pm
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid PA Driver's license required with safe driving record.
- 2-5 years of housekeeping/event setups experience preferred.
- Position requires climbing ladders, bending, stooping, walking, grasping, shoveling, sweeping, mopping, pushing, pulling, reaching and operating housekeeping equipment for extended periods of time.
- Maximum lifting of 50 pounds. Frequently lifting objects up to 25 pounds, employee must get help if lifting over 50 pounds. Occasionally pulling and pushing up to 75 pounds.
- Position requires handling multiple tasks and taking directions from several sources.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Must be able to read and understand MSDS/SDS safety sheets, work orders and directions for event setups.
- Be able to set priorities and complete tasks under time constraints in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work as a team and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Be able to work independently in absence of supervision to follow College procedures and routines.
- Be on-call for emergencies such as snow storms, icy and/or flooding conditions, equipment failures, etc.
- Be able to adjust work schedule when required.
- Participate in the on-call emergency rotation
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applications should be received by November 15, 2019.