Provides support for the management and maintenance of core technology systems used for data governance, program registration, constituent engagement, and reporting for the ACE Leadership unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Serve as primary point of contact for the utilization and technical support of core technology systems used in support of the ACE Leadership unit strategic goals
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, recommend technology solutions based on data analysis to increase business efficiency and/or improve existing processes.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Collaborate with ITS to accomplish Leadership unit and Council objectives and to ensure successful implementations
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for projects, implementations, system fixes, and enhancements.
- Assist with drafting business requirements and assist ITS with the development of technical specifications
- Works in collaboration with the Associate Director to design and implement comprehensive data governance strategy for ACE Leadership unit.
- With guidance from the Associate Director, contribute to the implementation of the data governance strategy and provide periodic updates and reports to the Leadership unit’s associate directors, directors, and Assistant Vice President
- Serve as an active member on cross-functional working groups and committees and ensures the division is informed of key discussions and decisions
- Assist with creating management reports, project plans, and documenting policies
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in discipline or relevant area.
- Ability to learn new technology systems with minimal assistance
- Ability to multi-task/work on multiple project simultaneously
- Knowledge of technical processes and experience with application development implementation, including:
- Gathering, documenting, and tracking business requirements and functional specifications.
- Working with technical teams to ensure solutions meet business needs.
- Developing training materials and conducting sessions to teach non-technical users.
- Moderate to high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to contribute to the resolution for complex challenges; identify and trace issues to the root source; and devise both short-term and long-term solutions
- Working knowledge of Curator and Sakai application platforms or other e-learning platforms
- Familiarity with Microsoft CRM, Sharepoint, and Cvent
- Demonstrates strong work management skills with the ability to evaluate options, develop plans to complete work timely, and monitor progress to ensure results are achieved
- Effectively prioritizes work and shifts priorities as required to ensure that organizational needs are met
- Exhibits sound judgment and decision making
- Meets deadlines and commitments and anticipates areas and issues needing attention and acts on them
- Is adaptable and open to different ways of doing things; continually develops effective approaches to accomplish their responsibilities
- Clearly and concisely expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts through oral and written communication, using correct and appropriate grammar, organization and structure
- Is accountable for their work and actions and is committed to doing the best job possible
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions (even when such decisions may not entirely reflect one's own position)
- Keeps manager and key people informed and up-to-date
- Fosters and builds trust and cooperation – both internal and external to the organization – with colleagues, stakeholders, members, and customers
- Demonstrates the range and depth of specialized knowledge and skills related to their areas of responsibility and demonstrates the desire and ability to increase their knowledge in order to be more effective
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, matriculation, genetic information, credit information or protected veteran status.