Adjunct Professor - Hospitality/Event Management
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 24 national championships (and counting!).
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the Adjunct Professor-Hospitality/Event Management position. The College of Business and Management at Lynn University requires adjunct faculty to teach courses in its undergraduate and graduate programs for the 2019 Summer terms. The college offers on ground and online courses in the Hospitality and Event Management majors and Hospitality MBA specialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach courses in accordance with college guidelines.
- Participate in the college's assessment program of student performance.
- Timely response to student questions and concerns.
- Timely submission of university reports and requirements, such as attendance, grades, and student progress reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates must have knowledge of electronic platforms, specifically the Canvas LMS, whether teaching on ground or online courses or be willing to learn and use in instructional delivery.
- Although not an absolute requirement, related professional experience is preferred.
- Candidates must have an appreciation of different learning styles to incorporate into their instructional delivery.
- Candidates must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- For the teaching of undergraduate courses, the candidate must have at least a master's degree in a related field, along with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours of coursework in the field of instruction. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited university.
- For the teaching of graduate courses, the candidate must have a doctorate in the field of instruction or a doctorate in a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours of coursework in the field of instruction. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited university.
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.Lynn Universityhttps://lynnedu.applicantpro.com