Associate Dean for Research
University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL)
College of Nursing
Associate Dean for Research
The University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL) invites applications, nominations and inquiries for the position of Associate Dean for Research for the College of Nursing. UMSL College of Nursing seeks a visionary and dynamic leader who will stimulate a culture of research and scholarship within the College. The Associate Dean for Research will facilitate faculty research and scholarship endeavors through the development of resources related to research, and will encourage expansion of research within the College.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Associate Dean for Research will report to the Dean and will be responsible for stimulating expansion of the research enterprise within the College of Nursing and teaching in his or her area of expertise. This individual will have responsibility for overall coordination of research activities within the College of Nursing. The Associate Dean for Research will facilitate faculty research endeavors through the development of resources related to research design, grant writing, grants management, data analysis, statistical support, and manuscript editing in order to increase the number and quality of college research activities. The Associate Dean for Research will recommend and facilitate activities that will stimulate a culture of research and scholarship within the College such as mock reviews of grant proposals and manuscripts, arrange for research events in collaboration with College of Nursing leadership, faculty, and other academic units, and recommend faculty development needs related to research. The Associate Dean for Research will work with the Office of Research Administration to achieve campus goals related to research and scholarship and ensure compliance with regulatory, human subjects, data integrity and safety, fiscal, and contractual requirements for research and other extramurally funded projects. The individual in this position will maintain his or her own program of research.
The Associate Dean for Research will be responsible for providing further development and expansion of research activities within the College, and for ensuring compliance with all regulatory, human subjects, data integrity and safety, and contractual requirements.
The essential responsibilities and functions of this position are:
- Collaborate with the Dean, Associate/Assistant Deans of the College of Nursing, and other colleagues in decisions that influence research development and productivity.
- Work with the Vice Provost of Research to assist faculty with development of research and other extramural proposals and grants management.
- Coordinate research activities of the College of Nursing including supervision of efforts of staff assigned to support the research activities of the College of Nursing.
- Develop initiatives to promote faculty success with grant proposals such as mock reviews and regular research discussions.
- Develop activities to promote a research and scholarship culture within the College of Nursing.
- Foster collaborative research initiatives within nursing as well as facilitate interdisciplinary and inter-professional research-
- Collaborate with the Vice Provost for Research and project principal investigators to ensure compliance with regulatory, human subjects, data integrity and safety, fiscal, and contractual requirements.
- Serve as a liaison with units throughout the University of Missouri-St. Louis and the UM system, and other partners in the region to facilitate access to research supports and to promote research productivity within the College of Nursing.
- Develop mechanisms for identifying research funding resources and systems to support grant applications.
- Monitor trends in extramural funding for College of Nursing research and other extramural projects and manuscript productivity and recommend ways to expand research productivity within the College of Nursing.
- Develop strategies to provide support for identified faculty needs for editorial assistance, data analysis, statistical consultation, and grants management expertise.
- Prepare reports related to research and extramural funding within the College of Nursing.
- Represent the College of Nursing on research related committees.
- Teach in the graduate or undergraduate programs as related to his or her area of expertise and serve on doctoral student committees as appropriate.
- Facilitates pre and post-doctoral student grant applications.
- Provide service to College and University committees and as a member of the profession.
- Maintain his/her own active program of extramurally funded research.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A doctorate in nursing or a related field.
- A track record of extramurally funded research indicative of the potential to sustain a program of research.
- Experience in research design and data analysis.
- Grant writing and management skills.
- Evidence of the ability to collaborate effectively with nursing and interprofessional colleagues.
- Evidence of the ability to mentor others
- Academic experience and scholarly accomplishments indicative of future scholarly potential, and appropriate for rank of associate or full professor.
- Ability to work with a diverse group colleagues and students.
- Licensure as a registered nurse in Missouri prior to employment if candidate is a nurse.
Direct inquires and nomination to Chair of the Search Committee Colette Dixon, PhD, Assistant Dean for Student and Alumni Affairs, [email protected]
Application Instructions To apply: http://www.umsl.edu/services/hrs/careers/index.html Select the Explore Faculty Careers tab follow the directions and look for College of Nursing Associate Dean for Research Job ID 29663. Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For general questions about how applicants apply, please call (855) 524-0002, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:[email protected].
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
More information about the College is available at http://www.umsl.edu/divisions/nursing/