Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Department of Biological Sciences invites application for a one-year postdoctoral research associate in the Asensio lab beginning as soon as possible, with potential for annual renewal subject to performance evaluation and availability of funding.
The Department of Biological Sciences invites application for a one-year postdoctoral research associate position in the Asensio lab with potential annual renewal subject to performance evaluation and availability of funding.
- Involved in investigating the mechanisms controlling the formation of neuro-endocrine secretory granules.
- Responsible for assigned lab duties, supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Detailed goals are specified in funded research proposals.
- A PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Endocrinology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, or related discipline is required.
- Highly motivated and productive candidates should have rigorous training in molecular and cell biology with experience in mammalian cell culture and fluorescence microscopy.
- Successful candidates must be committed to or have experience working with diverse student and community populations.
- Experience with mammalian neuroendocrine cells and pancreatic islets.
The position will remain open until filled
Candidates must apply online through www.jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- C.V. (including a list of publications)
- Names of three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.