Academic Assessment Manager (Academic Professional)
About Georgia Tech: From its beginnings more than a century ago, Georgia Institute of Technology has established a tradition of excellence in technological research and education. Georgia Tech is one of the world’s premier technology‐ oriented universities, boasting a superb faculty of world‐class teachers, researchers, and consultants. The Institute is well known for its high academic standards and stands among the top ranks of U.S. research universities with a clear vision for leadership in providing a technological education into the next century. The environment is fast‐paced; the culture is one that rewards entrepreneurship and innovation; the scholarship is outstanding. Visit www.gatech.edu.
OAE at Georgia Tech fosters a culture of improvement and sustained excellence across academic programs and support units. Through on-going engagement and assessment support services, the Office contributes to the Institute’s commitment to excellence in student learning and quality assurance. Visit www.academiceffectiveness.gatech.edu.
Position Duties: This position will focus on academic assessment primarily related to undergraduate education. The position will implement assessment efforts for the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), Serve-Learn-Sustain (SLS), which commenced in January 2016 and is organizationally positioned within the Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE). The position will also focus on the assessment of General Education. As the QEP reaches conclusion in March 2021, efforts towards General Education assessment and other academic priorities will increase. Successful implementation of these efforts will require close collaboration with leadership in OUE.
- QEP Assessment: Manage assessment efforts for the QEP, a component of Georgia Tech’s accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) (more information may be found at http://serve-learn-sustain.gatech.edu).
- Along with the Associate Provost for Academic Effectiveness, meet periodically with the Director of SLS to ensure alignment of QEP assessment with other assessment and accreditation efforts across campus.
- Collaborate closely with the SLS Director, faculty, and staff to implement QEP assessment and SACSCOC reporting (QEP Impact Report due March 15, 2021).
- General Education Assessment:
- Collaborate with General Education leadership and faculty, as well as the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (or designee), to implement the plan for General Education Assessment.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to implement assessment processes and good practices.
- Assist with organizing, outlining, and writing assessment reports and SACSOC reports.
- Serve on appropriate Institute committees related to general education and academic assessment.
- Participate in accreditation activities.
- Academic Assessment
- Assist with additional projects, efforts, or requests related to academic assessment as assigned by the Associate Provost
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Ph.D., Ed.D., or terminal degree in social sciences, education, or related discipline
- Direct experience in assessment of academic programs— preferably in a higher education setting
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with faculty and staff members from diverse backgrounds on assessment projects
- Commitment to undergraduate education and demonstrated ability to assess student learning outcomes
- Demonstrated fluency in research and report writing, as well as oral and graphic presentations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in basic statistics, database/spreadsheet management, and data analysis
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional experience in a research university setting
- Proven expertise in conducting and reporting on assessment projects
- Experience with educational surveys
- Experience with statistical analysis packages (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS) in a PC environment
- Experience with academic classroom engagement
- Possess excellent organization and planning, prioritization, problem-solving, follow through, and time management
Salary and Benefits: This is a 12-month, non-tenure track academic faculty position at the level of academic professional. The Institute offers a competitive salary and an excellent fringe benefit package as well as an exciting, challenging, and rewarding work environment.
To Apply: Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the position is filled. The position is available immediately with a negotiable starting date. To apply, go to the Job Posting and attach a single MS Word or PDF file containing:
- a cover letter;
- a vita;
- the names, titles, and contact information (email, phone) for four professional references (references will not be contacted without prior notification).
The selection process will include passing a pre- employment background screening.
During the application process, candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample demonstrating their ability to effectively communicate the analyses and findings of assessment activities or research. This writing sample is not requested for the initial application.
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans. www.gatech.edu