Editor in Chief
Editor in ChiefTracking Code190471 Job Description
Oversee The Campus Ledger, inclusive of student online newspaper, and the student production team. Plans editorial content with staff. Assigns stories, photos, cartoons, and videos to respective Student News Center staff and sets deadlines accordingly. Conducts regular staff meetings and monitors staff progress. Serves as spokesperson for The Campus Ledger.Required Skills
- Must demonstrate writing/editing skills. Applicants may be given an editing test during interview.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be enrolled in at least nine credit hours at JCCC each semester and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Successful completion of JOUR 122, Reporting for the Media (transcript required if not taken at JCCC)
- Previous experience on a student publication valuable, but not necessary
- Knowledge of Associated Press style a plus
- Completion of a minimum of six hours of college-level English or journalism courses
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time