Job Purpose: Lead and manage purchasing activities and personnel for central purchasing operations ensuring compliance with established by Federal, State and Institute policies. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Assist in the development and tactical implementation of purchasing strategy and manage day to day activities of assigned purchasing staff.
- Perform and provide oversight and support for department activities ensuring compliance with established by Federal, State and Institute policies.
- Serve as a liaison and assist in maximizing process efficiencies for campus administrators and purchasing agents.
- Support and oversee efforts related to purchasing technology development and implementation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Operations, Management or related field
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: N/A
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience working with State of Georgia purchasing regulations
- Preferred Certifications: CPSM certification
- Preferred Skills: N/A
- Additional Information: ***Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy.