Systems/IT Architect Sr
Job Purpose: Provide expertise in supplying advanced level IT support services to units or on campus wide basis. Services provided involve conceptualizing, planning, designing and implementing complete and integrated information technology solutions that meet business needs that are of critical importance to the Institute and externally. Use advanced IT architecture concepts to resolve complex issues.
- Conduct conceptual analyses of highly complex and critical departmental or campus wide business issues. Develop plans for solution.
- Formulate and direct the design and implementation of IT systems that address departmental and/or campus wide needs.
- Research and prototype emerging technologies; utilize where applicable in addressing campus IT needs.
- Promote use of campus information technology standards.
- May formulate strategies and administer policies, process and resources that with national or international profile.
- Direct efforts of technical teams formed to address specific IT issues.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of department or campus wide business needs and long term goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four to six years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires expertise in enterprise systems, networking, security or overall IT architecture. Additionally, expertise in IT systems management, infrastructure and architectural design and integration and related components and applications is required as is IT service delivery methodology and techniques, industry practices and campus policies and procedures.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Real world experience with enterprise level cloud environments using Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud (GCP) and/or Microsoft Azure. Certification in any of these is a plus. Experience monitoring production application systems, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting. Advanced knowledge of platform support OR digital learning solutions integration and delivery. Strong skills in technical writing, documentation, and/or training. Working knowledge of Digital Asset and Content management and delivery tools. Working knowledge of supporting massive open online courses, online learning, and learning management system environments. Mature understanding of University policies, compliance, and procedures.
- Additional Information: Requires analysis and solution of unique problems with no campus or external precedents. Confers with external experts (community, professional groups, vendors, solution providers, etc). Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: user department managers and staff, IT management and professional staff, vendors and contractors. This position typically will advise and counsel: User department managers and staff, IT professional staff, vendors and contractors. This position will supervise: NA.